Shelisa came home for Christmas. We hadn't seen her since she left to go to school in August. It was really nice to have her home. My favorite quote, which she said several times, was "What time will dad be home because it's 2 o'clock and I haven't showered yet?" She had a lazy vacation which I think she really enjoyed. She hung out with a few friends, but her favorite activity was to lay on the couch.
Over the Christmas break we took everyone to see the King Tut exhibit at the DeYoung Museum in Golden Gate Park. We saw it several years ago in Los Angeles, but this time our kids were a little older and a lot more interested.
I had my birthday in January and I didn't get a surprise trip to Disneyland this year. It was pretty low key. The best present was no young women's that night. The day after my birthday, my parents flew out for a visit. We had a nice and relaxing time with them.
We're big movie people and we finally say Avatar. I was reluctant to see it in 3D, but I really enjoyed it. We also saw Leap Year and I have to say Matthew Goode is a hottie.
In February our stake had the roadshow, which was really skit night because they changed it so much, but I won't rant about that on the blog. I will say it wasn't the disaster I thought it was going to be, but there was a lot of pressure on the kids that they haven't had in the past. Some of the thought it was fun, other's not so much.
Ken just had his birthday, which he really wishes we would just ignore, but we didn't. We had our annual crab feed last night with about 26 of our closest friends. Thank goodness I didn't have to steam the crab. But my house still smells like crab. Today's is Valentine's Day, one of the dumbest holiday's ever, because seriously, we have to have a day to show people we love them. You can't do that every day!?! Tomorrow we have our Young Women's fundraiser. We are making about 550 calzones. We're hoping to use the money to help some of our girls go to girls camp and to help pay for our retreat in June.We'll, I think I've touched on all the highlights. I'm going to try to be a little more on top of things. New Year's resolution, no way. Just a good thought.
No comments:
Post a Comment