Our Family Pictures

U2 Concert

Merry Christmas Young Men and Young Women

I was in charge of our young men/young women activity this last Wednesday. It turned out to be fabulous, even though I was a little stressed about it. Here's what we did.....

I sent out letters to 25 different families in our ward asking them to help me with the activity., None of them had kids in young men and young women. All they had to do was be as mean or as rude as they could be to the group of kids who came to their door to deliver cookies and carol. Each group was assigned 4 houses to visit (not everyone could help that night). And at each house they were rejected. After going to the last house, the leader suggested the group take the cookies to the Bishop's house. When each group got to the Bishop's house they were invited in and after everyone was there we talked to them about the experience they just had and compared it to Mary and Joseph looking for shelter at an inn and being turned away time and time again. It was a humbling experience for some of the kids. They left with a better understanding of what happened to Mary and Joseph. I did tell them I set everything up, some of the kids were pretty traumatized by the experience.

1 comment:

LA Adams said...

Your imagination is one of the things I really love about you - nice job!