Our Family Pictures

U2 Concert

Yeah, Yeah, I know...I need to keep this more current!

So I'm not sure how many people actually read me blog, so maybe no one cares when I update it. But since it's been over two months I guess I should stop slacking. Here's the highlights...

Disneyland in March...Shelisa drove to Southern California with my sister Liz and her family. We spend three great days in Disneyland and put Shelisa on a plane home so she didn't have to miss too much school to fly back to Utah. It was a little cold and the lines were a little longer than we thought they would be, but we had sooooo much fun!!!! Disneyland really is one of the happiest places on earth and our family LOVES visiting the Magic Kingdom.

Surprise, I'm home.....Shelisa and several friends decided to jump in the car and drive home over conference weekend. Of course no one here knew until about 9:30 that night when Shelisa decided she wouldn't be home in time to make it a big surprise. She called from somewhere in the Sierra's to tell me she would be home around midnight. Ken was away for work and Kayla and Alyssa were in bed so I kept the secret and she surprised them. It was so nice to have her home and she stayed long enough to drive back with us because we had planned a short trip to see her over Spring Break.

Spring Break....The girls and I drove to Utah for part of Spring Break. There was this really cold funny white stuff falling from the sky when we got to Provo and thank goodness it went away. We got to check out Shelisa's dorm for the first time and met a few of her friends and her roommate. We had a great time together. We missed Ken and wish he could have come with us, but that work thing got in the way.

Freshman year over....Shelisa is officially finished with her first year at BYU and is home until the end of August. She is working at Jamba Juice again and whatever other odd jobs she can find to make money for school. It's nice to have her home, but it will probably be the last time she is home for good. It's not as fun at home as it used to be. We can all remember that!

The Eagles....Ken loves The Eagles and we had tickets to their concert the end of April. Ken LOVED it! One of the band members referred to their tour as the assisted living tour. There weren't very many young people there that's for sure and standing up to clap or dance, completely out of the question because someone would yell at you to sit down.

I Dream of Janae....Our ward had a great ward party (adults only). The theme this year was classic TV. Ken and I were Major Nelson and Jeannie. I have a official Jeannie costume forever now. It was a lot of fun!

Mother's Day.....MaggieRay's BBQ in Alamo is where it's at. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the BBQ there. We had a nice evening on the patio having dinner on Saturday. On Sunday, we had warm chocolate chip cookies at church and ice cream cake from Cold Stone for desert after dinner. YUM!!! I'm truly loved!

1 comment:

LA Adams said...

Yep, I'm a reader! This is good. Looks like your life is good.