I guess the last real post was about 3 weeks ago. We have had a lot of things happen since then.
Yesterday we got Kayla and Alyssa registered for school. Today we're off to Target to get school supplies and I think I might have bronchitis but I don't want to go to the doctor and waste my time and money to hear that's what I really have. I've decided if things don't get better in then next 4 or 5 days maybe I'll go.
Kayla flew to Utah about a week before the rest of us drove out and Alyssa stayed about a week after we left. Kayla and I drove to LA and met Ken there for work. We thought we would go do something fun, but Kayla got strep so we just laid around the hotel room.
We took Shelisa to Utah almost 3 weeks ago. She has been looking for a job, but hasn't had much luck yet. She has had a couple of interviews and has another one today. I've been praying she will have success. She seems kind of discouraged and I'm beginning to wonder if she is also a little homesick. I know that will not help with her job search. I've suggested she go to BYU and look for a campus job. I really think she would be surprised at what she might be able to find available. Besides she wouldn't have to work on Sunday's and I know she would really like that aspect of a campus job. She can move into her dorm on Monday. I hope her spirits pick up and she starts having tons of fun and making tons of friends. I know this will help. Shelisa also started a blog to keep us updated on all the fun she is going to have in college.
Now that we have taken Shelisa to college, we are swapping bedrooms. Kayla is moving into Shelisa's old room. We've painted it and put new baseboards in. I've got to paint the baseboards today and then I think we can start moving her in. Like the crazy mom I am sometimes, I let Shelisa paint the inside of her closet turquoise blue. It took three coats of white paint to cover it and their are a couple of places I'm not completely happy with, but once you get the closet doors on you can't tell. The new rule is the inside of all closets must be white! After we get Kayla settled in her new room I'm going to start painting Alyssa's new room. We're going to stripe one wall and put new baseboards in. After we move Alyssa in to her new room, I'll start the Shelisa/guest room.
I'm still waiting to hear if I will be working at the elementary school this year. All these budget cut really suck. I know the teachers are all pulling to have me back, but if there's no money to pay me, then there's really no job available.
Ken continues to work tirelessly for our family for which I am very grateful. I know there are a lot of day's he doesn't like his job, but he continues to get up everyday and go to work. I am very thankful for Ken and for all he does for our family. He's an awesome husband.
We went water skiing with the YM and YW on Saturday. It was hot and dusty and the lake we went to was very muddy and gross. We really could have use two more boats, but everyone go to go out that wanted to. It was a long day, but the kids all seemed to have fun.
I hope I've caught everyone up on our excitement. I hope things start to slow down and I'll be more diligent at keeping the blog updated.
No comments:
Post a Comment